Makes 12 muffins (Paleo)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
6 large eggs
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. coconut extract
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
Coconut oil (for greasing pan)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cocnut oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, mix together eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer on medium speed for about a minute or until well combined. Stir in blueberries.
5. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing.