These “pizzas’ are made into easy single-serving portions and are so much healthier than the regular route!
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I’ve used a blend of Pepper Jack and Cheddar when in a pinch)
- ¼ cup pepperoni mini’s (I’ve also used prosciutto, turkey bacon, or venison sausage)
- Alternate to marinara is olive oil, garlic, and/or pesto.
- 1 cauliflower chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- sea salt and freshly ground b black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Add cauliflower to the bowl of food processor and pulse until finely ground, yielding about 2-3 cups.
- Transfer to microwave safe bowl. Cover loosely and place into microwave for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Let cool. (Another option is to bring to a boil in a pan and once softened, pulse to break into finer bits.)
- Using a clean cheese cloth or dish towel, drain cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible. (Otherwise, your cooking time will be doubled, almost!)
- Transfer cauliflower to larger bowl and stir in egg, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spread cauliflower mix into a circle for each little pizza and place onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. (Remember, this step may take longer depending on the amount of moisture left in the cauliflower.)
- Top each pizza round with marinara, mozzarella, and pepperoni minis (or topping of choice). Place into the oven and cook until the cheese has melted. (Anywhere from 4-12 minutes!)
Serve immediately. Sprinkle with red pepper or basil, if desired.