This yummy pumpkin bread has all the wonderful cinnamon-spice flavors of fall and with just enough sweetness to make you feel like you’re indulging in dessert. It takes about 15 minutes of prep (I know….about 10 more minutes than my usual limit, lol!) & serves 8!
- ¼ cup organic unrefined coconut oil, melted, plus more for the pan
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 2
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves –
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon pure dried stevia leaf
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 6 large pastured/cage-free eggs
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- optional departure: 1/4 mini dark chocolate chips
- optional 1-2 mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed salted butter, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- ½ ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and stevia. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the pumpkin puree, vanilla, dates, 3 of the eggs, the melted coconut oil, and the lemon juice. Blend until the dates are broken up and well incorporated.
- Add the remaining 3 eggs and blend until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 – 45 minutes.
For the Topping….
- While the pumpkin bread is in the oven, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in the coconut palm sugar and cinnamon. Spoon the mixture over the pumpkin bread during the last 15 minutes in the oven.
- Slice and serve with grass-fed salted butter.