Veggie Egg White Muffins
1 carton egg whites (24 Tbsp. regular egg whites) ½ green pepper, diced
¼ onion, diced Small bunch spinach, torn into pieces
Olive oil cooking spray Freshly ground black pepper
Optional: feta cheese, extra veggies (chopped broccoli, asparagus, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 12 muffin-tin wells with olive oil spray.
2. Add green pepper, onions, spinach (and extra veggies and sprinkle of feta, if using) to muffin tins.
3. Pour egg whites over veggie mixture and sprinkle with pepper.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until set.
Egg White-Turkey Sausage Muffins
12 large egg whites 6 cooked turkey sausage links
¾ cup skim milk Italian seasoning, to taste
2/3 cup low-fat shredded Mexican-style cheese 6 turkey sausage links (remove from casing and cook) Sea salt, to taste Freshly ground black pepper, to taste Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 12 muffin-tin wells with olive oil spray.
2. Add turkey sausage and 1/2 tablespoon of cheese into the bottom of each muffin cup.
3. In a small bowl, mix together egg whites, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
4. Fill each muffin cup with egg white mixture.
5. Bake muffins for 30 minutes until set.