The holidays are a time for food, family, and fun. But for those who are trying to eat clean, it can be a challenging time to stay on track with their goals. Here are 10 tips to help you stay on track with your clean eating goals during the holidays:
- Practice the 80/20 rule: Eat clean 80% of the time and indulge 20% of the time.
- Set SMART goals for yourself: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
- Consider non-food related gatherings with friends: Find other ways to socialize that don’t involve food or alcohol.
- Never go to a party hungry: Eat a nutritious snack before you go so you’re less likely to overindulge.
- Stick with your exercise program: Exercise helps to maintain your fitness level and supports your digestion.
- Manage your stress: Stress can lead to cravings and unhealthy eating habits.
- Say no to energy-sapping foods: Choose foods that provide a steady source of energy, such as lean proteins, nuts, and eggs.
- Find a partner or support system: Having someone to support you on your journey can make a big difference.
- Consider doing an alcohol-free or sugar-free challenge: This can be a great way to reset your habits.
- Enjoy time spent with your loved ones: The holidays are about more than just food. Focus on creating memories with the people you care about.
Embrace the holidays with a focus on clean eating and mindful indulgence to maintain your health and well-being throughout the season. Remember, an occasional treat is part of the festive experience, so savor your chosen indulgences and seamlessly transition back to clean eating at your next meal.
Wishing you & your family a season of healthy and enjoyable holidays.