- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed cups almond flour (or potato starch)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1.5 cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
Ingredients (crumble topping):
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 6 cups frozen organic blueberries
- 2/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Ingredients (optional topping):
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered monk fruit (sweetener)
For the crust: combine the ground flaxseeds, applesauce, coconut sugar, & coconut oil in a bowl. Whisk until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together the oat flour, brown rice flour, and tapioca flour. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until you get a uniform soft dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Next, roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper, then transfer it to a 9-inch pie dish. Press the dough evenly (with hands) into the bottom and sides of the dish. You can use a glass to flatten the bottom. Prick the dough a few times with a fork. Refrigerate until needed.
For the crumble topping: combine the oat flour, brown rice flour, and coconut sugar in a small bowl. Whisk until well blended, then pour in the melted coconut oil. Rub the wet ingredients into the dry until you get a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
For the filling: combine the blueberries, maple syrup, arrowroot, and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Bring the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, until you get a very thick mixture. Transfer filling to prepared crust and top with crumble. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the crust is browned. Cool pie completely before serving with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.