- 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 cup almond flour (or pecan or cashew flours, or if you’d like to avoid nuts, you can use oat flour)
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 large egg (or go vegan with an egg substitute like ¼ cup apple sauce or mashed banana)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional, but I use them!)
- Chopped nuts, dried bananas, etc. are optional add-ins!
Mix all ingredients well and then fold in the chocolate chips at the end. Since gluten-free cookies are prone to crumbling and falling apart, you can prevent this from happening by forming smaller cookies -like golf balls or smaller. Also, don’t flatten the dough balls before baking. Bake the cookies in the oven preheated to 350F degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let it cool off for about 10 minutes and ENJOY!