- 2 -3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 1/4 ounce dry active yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or xylitol or maple syrup)
- 1 large egg
Soften yeast in warm water. Bring butter, cheese, and egg to room temperature and mix all ingredients except flour. add yeast to this mixture and mix well. Gradually add enough flour to make a firm dough.
Cover and let rise 1 hr. or until doubled.
Punch down and put in a well-buttered 1 1/2 qt casserole. cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
Turn out and brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. I like to sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on top. Serve warm or cold.