- 1 cup cottage cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated, divided per prep)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup almonds (very finely ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (oil-packed, but well-drained & finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup basil (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400°. Line a muffin pan with 9 med-sized paper baking cups.
Mix cottage cheese in a bowl with w/all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the remaining ingredients. Season w/salt as desired.
Mix the mixture into muffin cups (3/4 full), scatter with remaining Parmesan & bake for 30-35 min or until set & golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Other options: Instead of the sun-dried tomatoes, you could try to flavor the cheese & nut base batter using:
- Chopped olives w/lemon zest & chopped herbs
- Sauteed chopped mushrooms & fresh thyme
- Chopped chipotles & adobo sauce
- Roasted garlic, pesto & toasted pine nuts, or
- Sauteed chopped potatoes & rosemary