- 8-16 oz of clean, hormone-free lean ground beef
- 1 ear of corn or 6-8 oz of canned non-GMO corn
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- ½ to 1 bunch of kale (or get a mix of sweet greens kale)
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/8 c chopped cilantro
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped into cubes
Cook the hamburger meat with low-sodium taco seasoning.
Cook your corn – I like to shuck my corn, wrap it in a damp paper towel and microwave it for 1 minute-ish. Cut the corn off the cob, then sear it on high to ‘char” it with no oil but a little of the taco seasoning (or another seasoning of your choice).
Sear your chopped red pepper with a little water and seasoning, then set aside.
Clean and roughly chop your kale and lettuce and place in a large bowl. Toss in the red pepper, corn, sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, and thinly chopped jalapeno (no seeds). Last, add your taco meat and top with a lovely Cilantro Avocado or Chipotle dressing (boltfarmtreehouse makes a tasty Cilantro Avocado and Primal Kitchen makes a clean Chipotle Lime dressing).
- Chopped olives
- Roasted or toasted pine nuts
- Baked chopped cauliflower florets seasoned with taco seasoning