- 16 oz (2 cups) cultured cottage cheese (full-fat or low-fat)
- ¼ c honey or other sweetener
- 2 tbsp organic nut butter of choice
- 2-3 large dates (pitted and chopped into small bits)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Optional: ½-1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I like to use Chocolate Perfect Keto Collagen Powder)
Add cottage cheese and honey to high powered blender or food processor. If adding protein powder, add to the blended mix. Blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips together and then pour into freezer safe container. Freeze an hour, stir, then freeze a bit longer. This recipe makes 2-4 servings depending on how much protein or ice cream you want to eat!
Note: the “ice cream” can get hard if left too long in the freezer so check on it every 20-30 minutes and you may need to let it thaw 20 minutes on the counter before enjoying it. It’s worth the wait…trust me!
If you’d like, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of melted chocolate chips along with a 1/2 to 1 tsp of coconut butter (melted) on top with a few chopped nuts. Enjoy!!