- Raw hormone & antibiotic free chicken breast, cubed
- 4-6 oz per serving, recipe can make 4-6 meals, (500-750 gr)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup washed, uncooked basmati rice
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1 tsp of each seasoning previously used above
- 1 ¼ cup water or broth
- Garnish with chopped coriander or cilantro
Slice chicken into cubes, add oregano, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder, chili powder & mix well, plus squeeze lime juice, cook on medium heat (about 6-8 min) until golden brown, then set aside.
Add onions and bell peppers to a pan and cook for 2 minutes. Then add back beans, washed rice and more seasonings. Let toast & add chopped tomatoes & water and let it bubble, then lower heat and let it simmer (abut 12-15 minutes). Stir halfway to prevent sticking.
Mix in chicken with coriander & separate into daily servings. ENJOY!