I’m often asked what supplements I use, so I compiled the list below of some of my favorites that are in my pantry now and that I use almost daily!
- You may have noticed how often I use Perfect Keto’s Collagen Protein Powder with MCT Oil in my recipes. Perfect Keto has several flavors I really love –like chocolate and strawberry. They are perfectly sweetened with stevia!
- The other protein powder brand I use frequently is Truvani. It’s one of the cleanest products available with limited ingredients.
- I supplement with Nutricost Performance’ Creatine a couple times a year for 8-10 week “building” cycles. Nutricost is a reasonably priced reputable brand. I mix Creatine with a protein shake or collagen protein (Ancient Nutrition) drink post-workout.
- On my heavier training days, I take PURE Glutamine . I use PURE because it mixes well and the brand is legit. This, too, goes into protein shakes or my daily water “mix”.
- I have to be vigilant with protein intake or I don’t get enough. Couple that with an inflammatory issue with egg whites and the simple fact I am just not hungry in the morning can make adequate protein intake challenging. I found that I really enjoy Ancient Nutrition’s Multi-Collagen Powder…it mixes well with water and I often add some “reds” to my thermos and that’s what I sip on (& refill) throughout the day.
- PB Fit adds a nice peanut-y flavor to shakes and things I bake. I use it when I’m trying to cut a few calories.
- Last, I like the plain, no flavor Great Lakes Collagen Peptides Powder Supplement for Skin, Hair, Nails, Joints. I add it to shakes and in most of my baked desserts and treats to beef up the protein.