Here’s the lowdown on this workout. You can do hit cardio, core and strength in 15 minutes, OR you can repeat this as a circuit a few more times!
Cardio (5 Minutes):
- 1 minute of alternating high knees
- 1 minute of jumping jacks
- 1 minute of jogging in place with butt kicks
- 1 minute of shuffles across the floor, alternating to the right and left
- 1 minute of burpees with a jump at the top (or power up quickly if a jump is too much)
Core Conditioning (5 Minutes):
- Do 3 sets (30 seconds each) of plank holds on your elbows and balls of your feet
- Do 3 sets (30 seconds each) of planks on your elbows and balls of your feet; drop both knees to the floor and back up
- Standing core work on each leg by consecutively pulling one knee in towards your chest and back out diagonally for one minute on each side
Strength (5 Minutes):
Do 3 sets of each exercise for 30-60 seconds each.
- 3X- 10 regular push-ups with hands placed just outside of shoulder-width
- 3X -10 triceps push-ups with hands shoulder-width apart and elbows tucked in close to your torso
- 3X -10 squats up to toe raises with toes facing forward
- 3X -10 squats up to toe raises with toes facing outward.
- 3X -10 forward lunges on each leg
For each of these exercises, tuck in your core with a pelvic tilt and make sure your knees don’t come over your toes during squats & lunges. Try to keep a flat back (& neutral spine) when appropriate.