- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. fennel or cumin seed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (I use more!)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1 oz. feta cheese, slice or crumbled
- ¼ cup parsley, tender leaves and stems, coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Slice cauliflower lengthwise into ½” slices including core and leaves. Some of the first slices will crumble and fall apart – which is ok and will just create more crispy bits.
Place cauliflower and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle fennel seed, turmeric and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper.
Roast without disturbing, until cauliflower has turned a deep golden brown and crisped up in spots, about 25-30 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the larger steaks and stir the smaller crumbles around. Continue to roast until completely and evenly browned, about another 8-12 minutes.
Remove from heat and transfer to a large serving platter. Top with feta, herbs and a drizzle of olive oil. ENJOY!