- 2.5 cups old fashioned or rolled oats
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup natural nut butter of choice
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 egg (or egg substitute like apple sauce or prunes or flax egg)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or fiber syrup, honey, monk fruit or xylitol)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp organic nut butter of choice
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I like to use mini chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
Optional toppings: chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts or banana slices.
Mix above oats, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, mix mashed banana & nut butter. Stir in egg and combine well. Add maple syrup and vanilla. Add wet ingredients from medium bowl to dry ingredients and stir until well combined. I like to use a cookie scooper to easily add mix to mini paper muffin liners and add toppings of choice as desired. Bake in preheated oven at 350 for about 25-30 minutes (or fully set). You may store them in the fridge or freezer to extend enjoyment!